Where To Start is comprised of a dynamic group of professionals dedicated to bringing Fortune 500 I.T. solutions to small and mid-sized businesses in Edmonton. We understand the distinctive needs of this niche market and has based our business model around providing them with a superior quality IT solution that has been previously out of reach due to cost and personnel factors – a solution that is extremely versatile, scalable to company size, and can be customized to virtually any business sector.
For this position, we are looking for key candidates who possess a strong service/support orientation. The Network Support Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s internal infrastructures. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
65% – IT Support (Client Resolution)
- Responsible for providing IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as environments built on Citrix, Microsoft and Apple
- Accountable for delivering support services for Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve general PC issues that clients may have
- Work collaboratively with peers in order to help solve clients issues in a timely manner
- Liable to ensure that once a ticket has been assigned to you – you must complete the ticket according to SLA standards
- Perform technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Ability to work collaboratively with your team in order to effectively diagnose and repair PC matters
- Implement and perform disaster recovery operations
- Ensure that service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service are being escalated to a greater level
20% – Customer Communication
- Responsible for answering all incoming client calls of non-ticketed problems
- Communicate with clients to keep them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve the overall customer experience for our clients
15% – Monitoring Ticket Boards/Documentation
- Responsible for viewing and assigning tickets to the appropriate board
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Responsible for ticket documentation to include both system reviews and recommendations
- Maintain logs related to network functions as well as maintenance and repair records
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the requirements listed below:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Astaro appliances CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Join our team today. Click here to apply online.