IT Service Provider Or In-House Staff
Are you in need of fully Managed IT support, or should you stick with your internal IT staff? Read on to discover 5 key reasons why you should hire an Managed IT Services Provider.
Many small and mid-sized businesses start out by handling various aspects of their operations in-house, including accounting, marketing, human resources, and IT. However, once you’ve grown to a certain size and or complexity, you’re likely to start thinking about outsourcing at least a few of these operations.
Why? It’s all about value. When you’re hiring in-house, it’s often less expensive in the beginning because you just add the reasonability’s onto someone regular job duties. As time goes on, you start to notice the many costs and liabilities that come along with hiring someone who doesn’t come with a wide range of skills and the in-depth experience to deal with today’s ever more complex business environments.
Making any big change in your business can be a difficult step; but before you decide to stick with what you have, answer this one question – what happens when your in-house IT support person is out sick or on that long overdue vacation, and you cant get something fixed when you needed it?
Do you wait until he or she gets back to figure out what’s going on? Remember, if you do…
- You can’t work,
- You may miss important deadlines,
- Your customers may be angry and may go to the competition,
- You are falling more-and-more behind, and
- You’re bleeding revenue by the minute.
That’s why it can be so valuable to have outsourced IT support at the ready for support requests, to proactively monitoring your systems, provide mentoring, and assisting with projects when they come up.
What’s more, there are other ways your internal IT staff costs you:
- Employee Expenses: An in-house IT technician can easily cost $50k annually or more (if you can find one). To be effective, IT service and support requires up-to-date skills and expertise along with on-going training. The bottom line is that a worthwhile IT technician will be expensive to hire and probably will not stay in your employment very long given today’s job environment.
- Benefits, Sick Leave, Vacation Costs: With that employee, there are additional expenses on top of a salary to consider. For example, benefits, holidays, and the coverage while your IT technician is away. When you consider all of this, just one IT technician can cost you even more. Some estimates suggest an additional 50 percent more on top of their base pay.
- Management Expenses: While the business may be profitable, management probably doesn’t want to devote their time to overseeing IT staff and projects. Do you even know if your IT staff are doing their jobs adequately? How can you unless you stay up to date with today’s technology needs?
5 Reasons To Hire An IT Services Provider
While it’s clear that managing an in-house IT staff can be challenging, what’s so much better about working with a Managed IT Service Provider?
- Reduced IT Costs: Businesses that choose to outsource can convert unplanned IT expenses to fixed, predictable ones. This frees up capital for other aspects of your business.
- Hiring A Company, Not A Person: An in-house staff is subject to business hours, requires full salaries, benefits, and vacation pay, and will undoubtedly call in sick from time to time. By outsourcing your IT department (or at least a portion of it), you leave the managing, training, payment, and other variables that come with actual employees to someone else.
- Confident Security: Security is one of the most important aspects of technology today. While technology evolves and data spreads, the number of ways your IT network can be compromised increases. Your Managed IT services company can advise you on the existence of credentials on the “Dark Web”, be your technology advocate (both internally as well as external to your company), and should always conduct ongoing risk assessments to identify network vulnerabilities and to mitigate them as they arise.
- Regulatory Requirements: Many businesses require secure technology so they can meet compliance and regulatory standards (every business today has some sort of compliance and regulatory standards they must meet). Your Managed IT Services company will know how to mitigate risks and breaches, secure your confidential data, and use cost-effective technologies to do this so you comply with regulations.
- Scalability and Adaptability: As your business grows, your IT needs grow as well. Keep in mind that new service offerings often come with significant upgrades and/or new software programs. Your Managed IT Services Provider can provide the flexibility you need to change your products/services or add new ones when required. Also, many Managed IT Services Provider will also have the ability to train staff as these “new” features come onboard.
Make Where To Start, Inc. Your IT Services Provider
The Where To Start team is proud to offer a comprehensive suite of IT Services to meet the specific needs of your business. Our team is dedicated to ensuring you’re always leveraging the power of the most effective tools for your success.
Our team will proactively monitor your IT systems to ensure it us running at peak performance and will detect issues before they become major problems. We will monitor and maintain your system silently in the background as you work, both day and night, so your business stays up and running no matter what with minimal interruptions.
With us as your Managed IT Service Provider, you will pay the same fixed monthly fee – no more surprise IT expenses. If you do need additional solutions beyond the monthly service, we will sit down with you and help you plan for them in a way that meets your budget, both short and long-term all while minimizing the risk your business is exposed to.
Like this article? Check out How to Use the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to Get Access From Anywhere, or What Is Small Business Saturday? (November 24th, 2018) to learn more.